Monday, August 13, 2012

Updating my life...getting back to blogging

Howdy!

Long time no blog.  Sorry!

Been busy recreating my life I guess.  This cowgirl has started doing other things and horses and baking have taken a back seat for the time being.  Still have horses, but just not spending time out there with them for some reason.  I guess it's time for a horse sabbatical or something of the sort!

I have been painting quite a lot though and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Took a fantastic workshop in March on Whidbey Island with the fabulous Dreama Tolle Perry!!  Check out her blog!  Dreamatolleperry.blogspot.com.  She is amazing.  Period.  Fortunately, I will be taking another workshop in January - this time in sunny Marco Island, FL!  What a perfect time to get away during the NW winter blahs.

So this morning was nice and cool and I had a bunch of leftover ripe peaches from our weekend BBQ, so I decided to make a peach pie while the temps were down and the oven wouldn't overheat the house.  YUMMY!  Boy it turned out amazing!  I donated half of it to a friend so that Matt and I wouldn't pack on more pounds than we need.  Wow.  Gotta do that again before summer is over, or at least get some fresh peaches and freeze them for a warm winter peach pie or cobbler.

So, here are a few of my latest paintings and a pic of the pie!  Enjoy and write me if you want the recipe.  It's delish!



























No comments:

Post a Comment