Thursday, November 19, 2009

Everyone Loves Pizza!!




Okay, so when Matt requested pizza for dinner tonight I decided to do it from scratch so that I can learn to make a crust and see how it turns out. I asked friends for suggestions on recipes and found one online as well. I will let you know how it turned out, but here is the recipe to start...





Pizza Dough







1 package of active dry yeast (.25 oz)
1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp white sugar





In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand until creamy (about 6-10 minutes

In a large bowl combine flour, olive oil, salt, sugar and yeast mixture. Stir well and beat into a stiff dough.

I like my crust thin, so I made formed 2 balls of dough and made 2 pizzas out of this recipe



Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out into a pizza crust shape. Your thickness is your preference. Place on a pizza pan or stone.











Place your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in the preheated oven (350 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until melted and golden brown.


ENJOY!










No comments:

Post a Comment