Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbyes

Well, all kinds of changes have hit us in the last couple days before I leave for a month long teacher training.
1 - House deal fell through, so we aren't purchasing a house after all.  Kind of a relief honestly, since my poor husband would have had to move us all by himself while I am in Seattle.  But, now time to figure out what's next for us and see what the universe sends us.
2 - We bought a new car.  It's the first new car I have purchased in a very long time.  We settled on a MINI Cooper Countryman.  A larger, more rugged version of the original MINI Cooper, so hopefully it will fit our country lifestyle better and help us contribute to a greener planet by allowing us to park the diesel truck and save on fuel!
3 - We found a new home for two colts we had inherited from friends.  I just haven't been interested in working with colts and having three more mouths to feed isn't what we want going into winter.  So, while I am happy to see them go, it's a bit of a bittersweet goodbye as the big ego'd cowboy tries to show how incredible he is by rough handling a green filly.  Had to leave and come in the house.  I put my two cents in and they ignored it (what could a dumb woman know anyway?), so I figured I had to live with my decision and allow the horse to make the adjustments needed to get along with the heavier handed style found around here.  That's such a big reason I am so turned off by the horse world.  Dominating a gentle, peace-loving prey animal doesn't make sense and it certainly isn't in the horse's best interest.  Cowboys are a dime a dozen.  Horses are precious.

So...on that note, I am going to post my latest painting and hope to leave you with a prettier picture than I just walked away from.

Koi Pond
Oil painting
12"X12" on 3/4 profile museum panel

More to come from my adventures in Seattle.
Hugs.Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment